The “European Day of Languages” is celebrated this year in Piazza San Francesco in Bologna, offering readings, games and activities in the language, level tests and artistic improvisations.
The objectives of the European Day of Languages are to:
– raise public awareness of the importance of language learning, plurilingualism and intercultural understanding;
– promote European linguistic and cultural diversity, preserve it and foster it;
– encourage the learning of languages throughout the life span inside and outside the school for study purposes, for professional needs, for the purposes of mobility or for personal pleasure;
– promote the respective educational and cultural offers. During the day we will be able to “listen” to the various languages thanks to some artistic moments. Provisional calendar of the day
– 10.30 – Welcome and multilingual readings for the little ones (and not only)
– 11.30: “Greek dance and its language”, by the Hellenic Community of Emilia-Romagna
– 12.30: “Le melting-pot de l’Art, Lectures comico-satiriques”, by Sophie Bardiau (Alliance Française)
Afternoon from 4 to 6 pm
– “Die Weimarer Republik, die goldenen Jahre des Kabarett in Deutschland”, by Mario Sucich (Institute of Germanic Culture)
– “Le melting-pot de l’Art – Lectures comico-satiriques”, by Sophie Bardiau (Alliance Française)
– “Parody of L2 teaching”, by the students of Italian Culture Bologna
– “Y Cervantes se paró en Bolonia”, edited by Hispania – Asociación Cultural
In case of bad weather the event will take place, in reduced mode, at the headquarters of the Alliance Française in Bologna / Istituto di Cultura Germanica, in via De ‘Marchi, 4.