In Bologna , culture starts again from museums and libraries which from Monday 18 May will gradually reopen with schedules and services remodeled in compliance with the rules on the safety of the public and workers.
The organizational procedures are being updated to comply with government requirements and safety protocols dictated by the Emilia-Romagna Region and the Metropolitan Table, also in agreement with workers’ representatives for safety and union representatives.
Tuesday 19 May the Museum of Music and MAMbo with the Morandi Museum reopen .
On Wednesday 20, the Civic Archaeological Museum and the Industrial Heritage Museum will open.
Thursday, May 21 re-open the Medieval Museum and then will be the turn of Civic Museum of the Risorgimento , Museo Davia Bargellini Museum for the Memory of Ustica and Casa Morandi.
Shortly after the organizational checks that pertain to the management of Palazzo d’Accursio as a whole, the Municipal Art Collections will also be reopened. In addition to the permanent collections, some of the current temporary exhibitions will also reopen, such as the splendid Imago. Masterpieces of wooden sculpture in Bologna from the Romanesque to the thirteenth century at the Medieval Museum and Il Camino dei Fenicotteri. The Casanova drawings from Arsmilia Ars to the Rocchetta Mattei at the Davia Bargellini Museum , for which an extension is foreseen until 6 September, while the reopening with extension of the “Etruscans. Journey to the lands of the Rasna ” exhibition is under evaluation Archaeological Museum. The La Galleria de ‘ Foscherari 1962 – 2018 exhibitions will also continue in the MAMbo Project Room, We are the Minganti . Bologna and industrial work between photography and memory (1919-2019) at the Museum of Industrial Heritage and Jews in red shirts. Jewish world and Garibaldi tradition between Risorgimento and Resistance at the Museo civico del Risorgimento.
The opening hours are being defined in these hours and will be communicated as soon as possible on www.museibologna.it
The methods of reopening – To ensure the safety of the public and workers, the Institution has provided for new organizational methods and management of visitor flows:
- provision for the online pre-purchase of the entrance ticket, to minimize the cash transfer operations;
- provision of slots for the fractional entry of visitors, calculated according to the different capacities of the venues and exhibition halls;
- adoption of logistical arrangements and instructions for staff to ensure compliance with the cardinal principle of interpersonal distancing of at least 1 meter;
- display of information signs and signs for compliance with safety standards;
- provision of separate inbound and outbound routes and one-way visit routes;
- staff training;
- adoption of personal protective equipment required by regulatory provisions.
From Monday 18 May the libraries of Archiginnasio, Salaborsa , Spina, Scandellara “Mirella Bartolotti”, Tassinari Clò, Ginzburg, Corticella “Luigi Fabbri” reopen for telephone reservations and returns . All other libraries will answer readers’ questions by phone and begin book reservations.
The methods of reopening – To ensure maximum security it is necessary to ensure that the library spaces are as crowded as possible. For this reason, in this phase, the libraries will observe reduced hours and the services will undergo some changes. Here are which:
- Loan on reservation – It is the new method that libraries put in place to avoid too many displacements in the area, crowding of spaces and queues to collect and return books. To improve the service as possible, has been a telephone service in all libraries programmed: who wants to access the loan can to book and after the confirmation, can go to pick up the book ready and prepared by librarians. Furthermore, to further facilitate things, it will be immediately possible to repay the loans in any library of the institution, while the possibility is being studied not only to return, but also to receive the resources booked in your favorite library or in the one closest to home. In all the open libraries it will be possible to book from Monday 18, while deliveries will take place from Wednesday 20 May.
- No hurry, extensions until June 30 without penalties – Those who obtained a loan before the closure of the libraries for the coronavirus emergency, do not have to worry, there will be no penalties and can return it calmly, until June 30. To ensure maximum safety, all returns will be made by placing the volumes directly in the boxes or on the trolleys set up in each location.
- Librarians at your fingertips and clicks – Even if it will not be possible to stay in the library spaces for a long time and carry out research in person, librarians will always be available to give reading advice, guide research and book books. You can reach them by mail at the “Ask the librarian” service available on the website or by phone during the library opening hours. A new telephone information service is also being studied to guide and accompany the library public in this moment of transition in which timetables and services have undergone changes, so as to facilitate access for everyone, saving time and remaining safe.
- Opening hours – Biblioteca dell’Archiginnasio from Monday to Friday from 10 to 18 and on Saturday from 10 to 14; Biblioteca Salaborsa from Monday to Friday from 13 to 19. The hours of the Spina, Scandellara – Mirella Bartolotti, Tassinari Clò, Ginzburg, Corticella – Luigi Fabbri libraries will be organized in alternate shifts between morning and afternoon and are communicated on the website www.bibliotechebologna .it , where there are also updates regarding openings and times of the remaining libraries of the institution which will reopen in the following days.
- Safety – For safety reasons, it will not be possible at this stage to access the spaces and shelves of libraries – including those dedicated to children and young people – to consult newspapers and magazines, stop in the reading rooms and use the computers supplied by the libraries.
Finally, from Wednesday, May 20 will reopen , even the anatomical theater of the Archiginnasio Library , with hours from 10 to 18 from Monday to Saturday and Sunday from 10 to 14. The museum Carducci House will reopen for sightseeing same time as the Museum of the Risorgimento , while the archaeological excavations of Salaborsa will be open to visitors only at a later stage.
(Photo: Civic Museums of Ancient Art )