Two resolutions have been approved which update the methods of access and the tariff of the permanent collections of civic museums.
These are new provisions that increase the opportunities for free and the extension of the opening hours, taking into account the diversified demand of metropolitan citizens, tourists, students and new publics and which for the first time widen the gratuity to kindergarten teachers and to the nursery school educators of the Municipality of Bologna.
The Bologna Museums Institution thus adheres to the new address launched by the Ministry for Cultural Heritage and Activities (Decree No. 13 of 9 January 2019), to encourage the use of museums with a new system of subsidies based on flexible forms of gratuity, discretely calibrated to the needs of the individual places of culture.
Here are all the new features:
- for the period from April to September, characterized by a greater influx of visitors from out of town, the new free access time slot opens in the last two hours of opening every Thursday. The timetable extends from 20 to 22 at MAMbo; from 4 to 6 pm at the Archaeological Civic Museum; from 4.30pm to 6.30pm at the Medieval Civic Museum, the Municipal Art Collections and the International Museum and Music Library.
- from Sunday 7 April the Davia Bargellini Museum which, also due to the increase in visitors, postpones the closure on weekdays by an hour, thus remaining open until 14, for a total increase of 4 hours on a weekly basis, while they remain unchanged the provisions on opening hours on Saturdays, Sundays and midweek holidays, from 10am to 6.30pm and permanent free entry.
- in 2019 the Open Day arrives with free entry with the possibility for everyone to leave a free offer in support of the Institution. A day, or a weekend, with open doors to experience and rediscover the beauty of the historical and artistic heritage preserved in the 14 seats of the civic museum system, which will welcome the public with guided tours, workshops for children and special initiatives.
- from 1 May 2019, free entry extends for the first time to nursery school teachers and nursery school educators of the Municipality of Bologna.
- from May 1, 2019, entry is reduced to 2 euros for young people between 18 and 25 years of age. University students with a card will also be able to enter for free, regardless of the degree course, post-graduate specialization and research doctorate.
- from May 1, 2019, the full-rate entrance to the three sites of the Archaeological Civic Museum, the Medieval Civic Museum and the Municipal Art Collections is in line with the one in force at MAMbo and becomes 6 euros.