Farewell to the trolley at no cost on Ryanair flights.
From the first of November the Irish low-cost airline will no longer allow you to get on board with a hand luggage without paying any charge.
The only exception allowed: a small bag or backpack of very small size (40x20x25 cm) that can be placed under the seat in front.
For all other luggage with a larger size (under 10 kilos), but still compatible with those of hand baggage, travelers will have two ways: buy the option of boarding a priotary, at a figure of 6 euros per trip, or check-in baggage in the hold but at reduced prices compared to spending on all other larger bags. Eight pounds as written by the Guardian, instead of the current 25.
In January, the company had already radically changed its rules, forcing travelers to carry only small bags on board, but still guaranteeing the free transport of other hand luggage. Possibility now no longer foreseen.
The company, already in the eye of the storm for strikes and delays that have complicated not just the traveler’s holiday, defend the new change. “This new measure will accelerate the time to bard and will cut the delays,” said Ryanair Chief Marketing Officer Kenny Jacobs.
60% of travelers will not be affected by this change and we expect the remaining 40% to purchase priority boarding or choose to embed luggage.
Source: La Repubblica